Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nail Clippers

I was always a little scared with nail clippers and babies. There was a reason I was scared. It is hard to clip a babies fingers because they move all the time. I was filing Emma's nails but today I tried to clip her nails and it didn't go well. I clipped her thumb nail and she moved so I took out of chunk of her skin too. She didn't like it to well, was sobbing and I was about there with her because I felt so bad! I still do feel bad, but she is sleeping in her crib as I am writing this. She was a trooper and she was even smiling later. It bled for a little bit and then it seems to be fine. Hopefully it won't get infected! I will just be keeping an eye out for this and I am hoping her skin grows back normally! She cries every now and then because I think it hurts if she touches it wrong....poor girl. So I guess the point of this post is to be careful when clipping a babies nails and I will now be going back to just filing them! Ouch!

1 comment: