So Emma had her 2 mo appt yesterday to get her shots and see how everything was going! She now weighs 9 lb 13 oz and 21.5 inches long! The Dr. said everything looked great as well so that was good to hear! Now came time for the shots...yikes! Emma did NOT like them at all. First they gave her an oral medicine for some sort of virus that can cause vomit, etc... She wouldn't keep any of it down and she threw it up right away. So they will try that again at her 4 mo. appt. Then came the shots..they give 2 mo olds 4 shots to begin with. I think that is a lot! They do 2 shots in each leg and it looked like they hurt her. She screamed out and froze with a screaming face for about 20 seconds then let out a big ol wale! I had to hold her hands while they gave her the shots.
Good thing I had a bottle with me, because I gave it to her right after and that calmed her down.
We took her back to daycare after her appt and I went back to work. I went and picked her up from day care around 4:00 and that is when she got really fussy. She cried pretty much constantly until 10:00 when she fell asleep. We went and got some infant tylenol for her and I believe that helped her. She didn't have a fever which the Dr. said that would be normal if she did...so we will see. Today she seemed better when I woke her up to feed her this morning. Hopefully today is a better day. Here are some pics of the dr's appt and her shots!
No comments:
Post a Comment