Since we transitioned the office to a nursery, one of our first things we wanted to get new was a desk. We were going to put this new desk in our spare bedroom and make the room both an office and bedroom since we don't have too many guests staying with us all the time. This, of course, might change once the lil one comes along. I know my mom said she was going to be in town a lot more, which is great :) I'm sure I can use all the help I can get!
We placed our old desk (which was Addison's desk in college) on craigs list for a whopping $10.00 and went to Homemakers, a local furniture store, and picked out a new desk. Addison wanted a desk with a hutch on it so he could store items. We found the one we wanted and it was a pretty good price!
Of course when you buy a piece of furniture now-a-days, you have to put it together yourself. Addison got everything out of the box, but of course one of the first main parts you use to put it together was broken. We ordered a new piece online, and it came about 3 -4 days later. It just set us back a few days. This desk had sooooo many pieces to it!!! Addison worked on it and got it up and running! It looks great and fits in the room perfectly!
No comments:
Post a Comment