Well being a new mom I have learned some things over the last eight weeks that I didn't know before
1. You will not get a full night's sleep for awhile. Even if Emma sleeps through the night, I still wake up various time to check the video monitor to make sure she is okay.
2. Stuff doesn't get done that you want to get done! (ie: this blog!) I never have any time to check my email unless its on my phone.
3. Stuff doesn't get done that I still don't want to do but need to: cleaning the bathroom, organizing, dishes, etc.
4. When I was pregnant I never realized how much you will love this little peanut once she comes out. It is all worth the work when you look into her eyes ;)
5. Never leave breast pump accessories lying around or your dog will chew them and ruin them. Lucky we live by a Target.
6. Sleep when they sleep. It's true and very hard to do because you want to be doing other stuff.
7. Get out with your husband when you can, for dinner & drinks. It is much needed for the both of you. We went out to dinner just a few days after we brought home Emma and it was great to have a little time to ourselves. We are lucky that we have family near by that are happy to babysit.
I have learned a lot more but those are the ones that come to mind right away! More to come!
Here is a pic of Emma from today! My mom was in town yesterday and today so we went shopping. It was nice to get out and enjoy the good weather! Emma was a very happy baby today, talking (as much as she can) and smiling a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment